Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas

Over the last few days I have been reminded how lucky I am with my friends and family. Again we are offered love and support by people when it is least expected but most needed.

Christmas was dfficult as it was a mile stone I had to reach and, in my thoughts, survive but thanks to my mother in law whose compassion and understanding never fails to astound me I was fine, I enjoyed being in company and spending time with Andrew's family. I realise that I have still have my limits and I have enjoyed spending time with me, doing what I want to do when I want to do it and relaxing. I have enjoyed spending time with the people I choose to and being allowed to talk when I want and listen when it is needed.

I want to take a moment to think of a good friend who is struggling with breast cancer. Having seen my Mum and Grandma go through a similar battle I really wish her all the best and I hope her fight becomes easier as I would never wish her suffering and illness on anyone.

My wish is that the New Year brings better things for all those out there suffering in what ever form.

No comments:

Post a Comment