Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

and a better year is all I can wish for. I remember when the clock struck midnight and we welcomed 2010 I wished for a good year and Andrew and I, a year that brought us closer to having a family as well as some answers but really when I look back all I can see is a year of sorrow and disappointment. I really don't want 2011 to be the same.

So, time for some new year resolutions:
1) Learn to and take time to appreciate the little things
2) Don't let the little things turn into big things and get all out of proportion
3) Take time to do the things I want to do, even if that means doing nothing at all
4) Ask for help
5) Be there for family and friends when they need me

I refuse to set myself goals that I have no control over and I no longer want my life to be held back waiting for things. I want to be in control and I want to be able to take the life I have and live it to the best of my abilities.

When the clock stuck midnight Andew and I held each other, reminded ourselves that we have each other and that it makes us very lucky no matter what else we have dealt with. I was able to look round the room and be reminded of family and of friends, all of which I need to appreciate more. I have things to look forward to - we want to plan another long weekend city break for Andrew's birthday in November, re-enactment events with friends who mean the world the me, visits to see family and friends for no other reason than because it is good to see them.

Oh and another hospital appointment in mid February ............

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, glad things are so much better than a month or so ago, its good to be positive and have things to look forward to, and I sincerely hope for you that 2011 is so much better for you, with no more heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete