Friday, January 28, 2011

Dieting

Today I wanted to write something about a thing that invades my life every single day, something I think about and something I need to regain control of. What is this thing I hear you ask?

Food.
Nothing more than food and with the start of the new year, the re-starting of the diet (or at least an attempt to restart the diet) and my plan to regain some control means that this has been a thought for a while.


So, first things first. A confession. I am a comfort eater. I eat because it makes me feel better, not always because I am hungry. I thought, stupidly, that being aware of it meant I could stop myself from doing it but it would seem that I am very wrong. Today is the day that I have chosen (after an amazing weekend with my friends) to start to try and make a conscious effort to at least look at what I am eating in the hope that this can lead me back in to a cycle of being in control. In that vain this morning so far I have had some cornflakes and a hot chocolate.

Wish me luck as I have done this a number of times in my life dso far and the cycle has yet to be broken.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck hun, I'm an emotional/comfort eater too so know how you feel x

    ReplyDelete