Monday, August 2, 2010

The Little Things

Why is it that the little things are the ones that get you the most? I spent a lovely afternoon with my husband's family (of all ages) and in the midst of relaxing decided to quickly check my emails - in hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered.
Being on the mail list for hubby's events is useful as it means I have an idea of what is going on, when and where. But when the mailing list is sent a note that starts 'Mums and Mums to be' it was like someone has stabbed me in the heart. It was an email that should or rather could have been sent to the half dozen people it applied to but instead we all got it and it left me cold, angry and again being reminded of what I am fighting so hard for and struggling whilst others achieve without so much as breaking sweat.

I am getting better (or maybe more practised) at picking myself up but a little bit of me doesn't want to be knocked down in the first place and I do know that people don't do it on purpose however the lack of thought frustrates me. Based on this I am remindered that infertility (especially when unexplained) is not something we discuss and, short of being exposed to it, people don't often realise that is there and affects so many people. My hope is that, in the future, whether we are lucky or not I remember how sensitive this situation has made me and hope it allows me to transfer that to other who might one day have to face the same challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment