Thursday, February 3, 2011

A letter to my online friends

To those friends whom I may never have met in person


I have realised of late that I have a number of friends whom I have never met, whom exist as user names on forums and places like face book. But these are people who I respect and whose opinions I value. It does make me smile when I think of the detail forums get to but I have found that using various forums have been a great comfort to me as I know that I am not alone. While there has never been (and probably never will be) someone in the same shoes as me there are plenty in similar and I take comfort in the fact that often things work out for the best.

I have often found the support that you have offered has been invaluable and have found that, from these avenues I have been offered real opinions and advice - often missing when talking to people in real life due to the fear of causing upset or offense. It was to discussion forums and groups that I have been able to turn in my loneliest moments and for that I have to be grateful that they exist and I hope that, in turn, one day I can reciprocate and provide someone else with the support and honesty I have been lucky enough to recieve.


As a parting wish I hope that you all overcome the hurdles that life has put in your way, that you succeed in your endeavours and that all your dreams come.


yours, with respect,

Victoria, vicfish or whatever username you might know me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment