Monday, November 15, 2010

Another year older

Another year older . . It is hubby's birthday tomorrow so he will be another year older before we have the end in sight. It is a long time before I am another year older but now, instead of looking forward to the birth of our baby I have no idea where we might be or what we might be doing. It is things like this that remind me of the passage of time.


I spoke to a good friend a few days ago. A good friend whom I have known for about 9 years and whom I speak to regularly but, on occasions, we do go for a few months without speaking when we are both busy however this doesn't change anything. I still consider her to be a good and close friend. She did what she does very well - she talked until I was ready to and then she listened. She is an amazing listener and there are times I don't know how she does it. She never says that she understands, she always says that she can't because life has happened differently for her the same as I can't understand some of the more difficult times she has been through, but to hear that makes a difference.

We talked for a long time, felt like hours and really it wasn't, and I came away remembering that she was there for me, no matter how busy life was and that really I shouldn't have been afraid to call her before now in case she didn't have time for me. She had been concerned about calling me as she didn't know what to say to me but figured, after a couple of text messages, normality was the answer - she was right as always.

As I have come back out from under my black cloud I have spent more and more time talking to my friends and realising the support and, for lack of a better word, love that I have from them. There are times when we can't manage without or friends and I am incredibly grateful to every single one who has offered me so much in the last few weeks. Whilst I would never wish unpleasant times on anyone, I trust that I will be able to return the favour if they ever need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment