Friday, November 5, 2010

Perspective

You know the feeling when a headache is strangling you right across the eye brows and your brain just wants to run away and hide in the nearest corner? That is how I am feeling today.

I have already snapped at enough people to get myself into trouble and I need to regain perspective so here goes:
We have heard this morning that a colleague has passed away from cancer. He was a young man with a wife and young daughter and has battled this disease for the last 12 months. He was, by appearance, fit and healthy, he had an active life style and many friends. He will be missed by all of them. I feel for his family, they will never see him again, never be with him, never share their lives with him. It seems so unfair that someone with everything to live for has been taken from the world in such a cruel fashion.

Why?
It is the question his family must be asking, the same as I keep asking that question in my circumstances but, for them, with sorow and lose so much deeper that I have ever experienced. There can be no answers for them but I hope that they are able to take comfort in the people around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment