Friday, November 26, 2010

Positive Mental Attitude

PMA, as many of my online friends call it, is something that I have been a little short of recently but today i have had the news that I have wanted, waited for and prayer I would get. I am allowed to go back onto the medication that helped us concieve and I even have a time line I can follow for it with no more blood tests or scans or investigations. I feel like such a weight has been lifted from me I could actually dance.

Yesterday afternoon I made a choice, I decided to change my hair and have a fringe cut back in. Sounds really little but it changes something about me that has been the same since I was 11 years old - that my fringe was the same length as the rest of my hair and never on my forehead.

But in that choice I decided to take back control of my life, to make a concious effort to regain the old me - all be it with the knowledge and emotions of my experiences but a me that I want to be for my family and my friends. I know that it will take time and there will be set backs but it is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment